Monday, January 16, 2012

My body is not me. "I am the person trapped in my body". Nobody knows who I really am. Because they look at you with (their) eyes, hear you with (their) ears when you speak. I am I when I am silent, when the world can't hear me, when i speak not with my mouth but within my body.

----------------

it feels extremely strange to be posting whatever you have posted on facebook here, but facebook will disappear one day and this will not. I want to remember what I thought of on 15th January 2012.

I don't know why I posted it on facebook when I have mixed feelings about declaring who we are on that platform. Maybe I wanted to know how many people feel that way. Maybe I just want people to know that was on my mind.

Sometimes I don't understand why we have this need to tell people what we're thinking, or who we are. Sometimes it feels as though talking should be prohibited, because the genuine us is the one that does not have to care about how we present ourselves to others. But sometimes I also feel like words slip out of my mouth unconsciously, that there is nothing about "presentation" at all.

I don't mean 'nice packaging to leave a better impression on others' form of 'presentation'. Presentation as in, even when we talk about our flaws, or are being really, really honest about what we feel, there is an audience we have to speak to, and we have to tweak it slightly for sake of clarity and expression.

And back to my quote (it feels good to call it 'my quote', so i shall just call it 'my quote' haha). People really just don't know who the hell we are. They interpret everything - our words, our expressions, our actions in their own manner. And when we are conscious that words are spoken for others to be heard, we unconsciously reshape them. Then they become less true to us.

If we are social animals, why do I struggle with communication?

No comments: